Monday, July 21, 2014

Driving Day 5: A Fruitful Loss

I'm back in the world of the internet, thanks to some very nice Comcast technicians who set up our router today. Hooray! Since I'm basically sitting in the middle of an empty apartment, I thought I'd share some pics of the last leg of our journey, where we cross the Sierra Nevada  mountains into California and saw some stunning scenery:







Then, we were stopped at the infamous agricultural checkpoint, which supposedly protects California from evil pests. Despite being warned by Bay area friends, I had forgotten about this little ritual, and thus had to sacrifice half a bag of Floridian clementines to the Californian citrus gods. Oops!

Then, we got stuck in traffic from about Sacramento onwards--this state is too full of people. :) We managed to get to our new place just fine, with the usual administrative confusion over garage remotes not working, etc. Now we're just anxiously awaiting for our stuff to arrive--once we're unpacked, I'll share some pictures of our new apartment.

1 comment:

  1. Yes sadly the only thing wrong with California is the population ��

    ReplyDelete